For techincal support please email Trevor Richards at firstname.lastname@example.org
Through a generous donation from DTE, Wayne State is able to provide
researchers with access to digitized copies of aerial photos of Detroit
and area for the period 1949 to 1997. The collection consists of a series
of low resoloution (72 dpi) and high resolution (600 dpi) pdf files. Use
the links below to open a base map of a county for a given year and then
use the links on the base map to open a photograph.
- The 600 dpi files are, on average, 15 MB in size and,
on a high speed connection, take up to a minute to load. On a dial-up
connection they will take significantly longer.
- The collection works best in Internet Explorer.
- Chrome users:
- Inside Chrome in the address bar type in chrome://plugins/
- Disable Chrome PDF Viewer
- Enable Adobe Reader
- Close Chrome and then open it again
- Firefox users:
- In Options click the Applications tab
- Scroll down to "Portable Document Format (pdf) - change the Action to "Use Adobe Acrobat (in Firefox)"
- Click OK
- Close Firefox and then open it again
- Macintosh users - click here for instructions